Our new book, Big Green Purse: Use Your Spending Power to Create a Cleaner, Greener World, rolled off the presses this week and women across the country have been writing to say, "Hooray!"
Though dozens of "green living" books crowd store bookshelves, Big Green Purse is the only one that highlights the power of the purse to protect the environment. The book’s message is loud and clear: Women spend eighty-five cents of every consumer dollar. When we make our money matter — either by buying less or by buying green — we protect the planet and ourselves.
* targets key commodities (like coffee, cosmetics, clothing and cleansers) where your dollars can have the most impact
* provides standards-based guidelines and "thumbs up/thumbs down" ratings to help you shift your spending to eco-friendly products, companies and services
* highlights "eco-cheap" strategies to help you save money but still live and shop green
* reveals phony "greenwashing" marketing techniques you’ll want to avoid
* suggests simple and quick environmental lifestyle changes you can make regardless of how much money you spend.
Mary Hunt, sustainable marketing maven, calls Big Green Purse "the most important book your book club will read this year…women like listening to Diane, she knows how women work…Big Green Purse brilliantly blends the two (the scientific and the pragmatic), providing the HOW TO’s that you don’t see anywhere else with stories that burn a visual into your brain…Like many "tip books" this one is packed, but it comes with context and real life experiences – that’s the motivating difference for me… Big Green Purse is a "must read, save, refer to" book that will get us through the next critical decision- making years."
That totally sums it up!
Order your copy here. And while you’re at it, get one for your sister or best friend, too. Feel free to send me your questions, comments and review!