One way is to focus our spending so that its power can be felt. That’s what the Big Green Purse "One in a Million" campaign is all about. It’s encouraging one million women to intentionally shift at least $1,000 of their existing budget to environmentally-friendly products — for a noticeable ONE BILLION DOLLAR IMPACT in the marketplace.
You can have the biggest influence by picking one commodity and shifting all $1,000 to it. Some of the most important options (and ones that should be readily available in your neighborhood, as well as on-line) include:
* organically, locally-grown food (to reduce pesticides)
* energy-efficient appliances (to stop global warming)
* phthalate-free cosmetics (to protect your health)
* fuel-efficient car (to save energy and clear the air)
* fairtrade, shade-grown coffee (to protect rainforests)
* non-toxic cleansers (to protect your health, reduce toxins)
Alternatively, you can spread your spending among the variety of eco-friendly products and services that you need to manage your household. You’ll probably find that you’ll end up shifting far more than the initial $1,000 you pledge.
That would be effective because the key to getting literally the biggest bang for your buck is this: the more money you shift, the bigger impact you’ll have.
Ready to sign up? You can get a free Balance Sheet to help you get started when you join the Big Green Purse One in a Million Campaign.