Learn how to drive as efficiently as possible. Take note of these gas-saving tips and driving techniques and you'll visit the pump less often. Plus, you'll save $20-$50 a month on gasoline (photo credit).
- Recycle your car once it has reached the end of its life. Don't send your vehicle to the junkyard before you've looked at this list.
- Carpool and use mass transit as much as possible. When you share the ride, you reduce your costs – and your impact on the air your breathe and the water you drink.
- Use a car-sharing service such as Zipcar, which may eliminate the need to own a vehicle altogether. It has certainly helped me!
- Walk, bicycle. Well, these are more "non" driving tips, aren't they? But they do help you guzzle less gas; and manufacturing a bike or a pair of walking shoes uses far less resources than producing a car!
- And remember: if you are in the market for a new car, choose the most fuel-efficient vehicle in the size that will meet your needs. Visit FuelEconomy.gov to find the best available option for you.