OK, all you entrepreneurs, scientists, techno-twits, and geeks – let alone captains of industry who are looking for a way to make an honest-to-goodness difference. Take another look at these photos of baby birds that are dying because they're eating plastic bottle caps.
Yes, we need to phase out plastic bottles, and the sooner the better.
But in the meantime, can't all you wizards come up with a bottle cap that will protect its contents securely but once discarded, degrade in a very short period of time?
You've gotta be able to do it. Talk to the folks at Frito-Lay, who have figured out how to package their snack packs in plant-based, biodegradable bags. In fact, why don't we urge Frito's parent company, Pepsi, to take the lead? Start here.
You May Also Like...
Get Your Copy Now!
- Plastic-Free Kitchen: Shift to Homemade Yogurt
- What I Did on My Turkey Vacation to Help Save the Ocean
- Hate Throwaway Plastic or Paper Cups? KLEAN KANTEEN’s Pint Cup Is the Perfect Reusable Alternative
- Looking for New, Non-toxic Lotions, Cremes & Cleansers? Try the January EcoCentric Mom Box.
- My Green Goals for 2013: Less Bathroom Plastic, More Home-Made Yogurt, Better Compost