I'll be dancing up a storm at the Environmental and Clean Energy Ball tonight, and am happy to say I've found a "green" gown.
Well, technically, it's a beautiful deep chocolately brown color, layered over with a silver sheath. But it's "green" in almost every way that counts! It's not new – in fact, I fished it out of the back of my daughter's closet (she got it on sale from BCBG and wore it to a prom a couple of years ago). I incurred no carbon footprint going shopping. No environmental impact from fabrication of a new dress. No trash generated by throwing out a department store shopping bag or plastic dress bag.
My shoes are recycled, too. I wore them to President Bill Clinton's first inaugural 16 years ago! Fortunately, the size of my foot hasn't changed. Whether I can still dance in spike heels remains to be seen.
I'll protect myself against the cold with a long black overcoat that's still in admirable shape after at least ten years of wear. You just can't beat wool.
Make-up will be at a minimum – though what I do use will be paraben-free and mineral-based.
All I can say is…the food tonight better be organic!
You May Also Like...
Get Your Copy Now!
- Ecocentric Mom Box Review
- EcoCentric Mom Box Hits the Jackpot With Organic, Non-GMO Taste Treats
- Join Team ENERGY STAR & Get Ready for This Summer’s Eco Block-Buster
- Ford Fusion Named 2013 “Green Car of the Year”
- Women’s Voices for the Earth Champions Healthy, Safer, Non-Toxic Cleansers for Moms and Kids